The Board of Directors of Positive Media Incorporated have announced that CEO, Jarrod Graetz, has resigned after leading the organisation for the past 10 years.
Jarrod joined PositiveMedia, home of 89.9 TheLight, in 2009 as Station Manager before being promoted to CEO in 20i2. Under his leadership, 89.9 TheLight grew from 394,000 monthly listeners in 2009 to a peak of almost 1.3 million monthly listeners, making it the most listened to community radio station in the southern hemisphere; a mantle the station has held for the last decade.
With an organisational vision to see “Every life alight with the love of Jesus”, Jarrod has steered PositiveMedia to deliver a message of hope and love in the city of Melbourne which has forever changed the hearts and minds of its listeners. PositiveMedia regularly hears stories from listeners of how the station has helped them in their times of need.
PositiveMedia has worked in partnership with like-minded organisations including the Salvos, Compassion, and Samaritan’s Purse to further the organisation’s impact. One of the key partnerships Jarrod co-established is with CBM in 2012 which has raised funds nationwide to provide more than 100,000 sight-giving operations in developing countries.
Some of Jarrod’s other achievements in his time at PositiveMedia include:
• Creating an outstanding workplace culture, including accreditation as a “Best
Christian Workplace” for the past 7 years
• Restoration of the financial stability for the organisation
• Launching 3 new brands: The Light MIX, TheLight Worship, and TheLight Christmas, all under the banner of PositiveMedia
• Overseeing the move that expanded the broadcasting facilities
• Tripling the number of staff and volunteers
• Ensuring successful technology upgrades to future proof PositiveMedia