Vision Christian Media is looking for a talented and creative Webmaster to join our ministry team. Responsible for maintaining our websites, their content programming, design and functionality. Ensuring sites maintain responsive designs, and make them easy to navigate for the end-user across all platforms.
- Full-time position.
- Brisbane location (Springwood).
- Immediate start.
- Applications close at midnight Sunday, 29th of May 2022.
This is a team member role accountable to the Digital Media Platforms department Manager, and working within the Media, Marketing and Communications division.
Vision began in community radio and printed publications. However, today, cross-pollination into digital and video platforms has emerged as a growing need in fulfilling our mission. Therefore, Vision has decided to establish this new and exciting role to embrace further our online presence, graphic imagery, storytelling and functionality across various communication mediums and web platforms.
The successful applicant will be responsible to assist in the planning, designing, back-end programming, content development and quality control of maintaining a responsive design for audience engagement across a multi-platform media strategy. With a strong focus on sound biblical teaching and a clear Christian worldview for a high-impact, meaningful experience.
This is more than just a job; it is a ministry opportunity and part of a personal calling and gifting in technical creativity and visual communications.
About Vision Christian Media
Vision Christian Media is a non-profit ministry organization, dedicated to bringing the Good News of the Gospel throughout Australia since 1986.
Hundreds of thousands of people across the country turn to us daily for encouragement, uplifting music and compelling messages through broadcast radio, printed and digital publications, podcasts, apps, and websites. We also operate a telephone prayer service and online store – all to help people look to God daily. https://vision.org.au/about-us
The Webmaster role straddles between bringing skill, talent and support to our existing communications activities, while at the same time working with our team to build and maintain our follower’s quality excellence. With a focus on developing, designing, and maintaining our current and future websites according to brand guidelines. Research, source and develop content you are assigned. Stay up to date on the latest technologies and make sure the site, features and functionality are always mobile-friendly and multi-platform ready. Including our online store. In addition, review and monitor statistics and analytics to maximise end-user engagement.
Requirements for the role
The ideal applicant will have:
- Appropriate sector qualification(s) and experience in digital media design.
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS), primarily WordPress.
- Experience integrating 3rd party APIs and products into a WordPress environment.
- Experience with responsive design and compatibility across browsers and devices.
- Up to date knowledge and experience across multi communication channels.
- Proven ability to discern, select, develop, edit and present content.
- Willingness to step up, investigate and recommend ideas where appropriate.
- Great cross-organisational communication skills.
- Good time management skills and ability to multitask in a busy environment.
- Strong awareness and motivation in the pursuit of excellence.
- Mature, balanced and wise judgment.
- Willingness to align with our organisation’s mission, values and core beliefs.
How to apply
This full-time position is based at our offices in Springwood, Queensland
If this role sounds like you and would like to join our dynamic team, please email your resume and cover letter by midnight Sunday, 29th of May 2022 to [email protected]
Your cover letter should be no more than two pages:
- Tell us why you are interested in this position.
- Demonstrate you have the skills, experience and heart to be successful in the role.
Only applicants with rights to work in Australia are eligible to apply.
The position will be filled when the right candidate is identified; early applications are encouraged.