Training and Editorial Standards Manager
- An exciting opportunity to drive training and development for a team of diverse and engaged content makers.
- Apply your passion for learning and trusted journalism to inspire and empower others.
- Join a purpose-driven team innovating across radio, online and social media.
At SBS, we embrace difference and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
We also acknowledge the unique contribution that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples make to our society and our workplace through their enduring and continued connection to land, sea, sky and community.
SBS is one of the world’s most unique and innovative media organisations, producing trusted, meaningful and engaging content that exists for all Australians to inspire, support and celebrate the diversity of our multicultural society.
Our purpose, for the last 40 years, has reflected and explored the evolving diversity of Australia, investing in initiatives to deepen its connections with communities, sharing their stories and giving a voice to those often unheard, with the aim of increasing understanding and respect of the differences that make up Australia.
SBS is a truly distinctive network, showcasing multicultural, multilingual and First Nations stories otherwise untold in the Australian media.
SBS Radio, known internally as Audio and Language Content (ALC), is the heartbeat of SBS. We deliver SBS Charter-focused and community relevant news, information and entertainment on podcast, radio, web, via digital television and on social media.
Servicing over 60 languages, SBS Radio services are dedicated to the nearly five million Australians who speak a language other than English at home, as well as NITV Radio which celebrates the unique storytelling of First Nations Peoples.
This role reports into ALC’s Head of Planning and Delivery.
We are looking for an experienced trainer to shape and deliver training for content producers and oversee editorial standards training and quality assurance processes for ALC. This includes developing training plans, delivering editorial standards training, working closely with ALC’s editorial managers to identify development opportunities for individuals and teams, and liaising with other SBS divisions to ensure training is implemented effectively.
The Training and Editorial Standards Manager leads a team of trainers and coordinators. The role will provide leadership and coaching, manage resource planning, recruitment and budgeting.
It is a requirement of this role that incumbents are fully vaccinated with an approved Covid-19 vaccination in line with the ATAGI guidelines which include booster shots. We do however have a medical exemption process and we would be happy to discuss your application should this be applicable to you.
- An experienced trainer who has demonstrated editorial coaching and training to content makers.
- Demonstrated experience developing training plans and applying strategic and creative strategies related to skills development.
- Demonstrated experience in leadership including coaching and mentoring team members.
- Highly developed organisational skills including demonstrated resource management and capacity planning.
- Extensive knowledge of radio and digital publishing workflows with a keen awareness of industry editorial standards, developments and trends.
- A confident presenter that can communicate and tailor complex ideas in a meaningful and beneficial way to a range of diverse stakeholders.
Feel like you meet most, but perhaps not all, the criteria listed? Then send through your details; whilst we have specific requirements in mind, we can look at how we may be able to bridge any gaps.
Some of the reasons to consider working with us
- The people! We truly celebrate and welcome difference at SBS and encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work, you’ll be part of one of the most inclusive companies in Australia!
- The culture and the engagement of our workforce! SBS is ranked in the top 25% of all media companies for employee engagement
- We offer a range of benefits; from flexible work arrangements, health checks, salary packaging, an employee assistance program and for our Sydney based employees, free gym membership and parking (subject to availability).
- We’re agile and innovative in the way we work, as well as being a trusted and established brand. At SBS we have been broadcasting for over 40 years and our future is packed with many more exciting developments!
- We also love to promote from within! We have allocated training funds to do just that and help bridge the gaps when moving from role to role.
Want to learn more? Then hit apply and take the first step to applying not just for another job but a possible whole new career in a purpose led organisation!
Not quite the right role for you? No problem, how about popping your details into our talent pool? Email us at [email protected] to let us know what roles would be of interest to you and we will keep you informed of when they arise! (If you no longer want to be listed in our talent pool, then just email us and let us know and we will remove your detail).
For other opportunities within our organisation please visit our careers website SBS Careers – Working at SBS
SBS recognises that everyone is unique, and you might require some adjustments to ensure you have the best opportunity to apply and put your skills forward for consideration. If we can make some adjustments to the SBS recruitment/interview process to better enable you to shine, then please contact [email protected] and let us know.
Adjustments may include but are not limited to; alternative application methods, interview setups, physical requirements, guidance for trans or gender diverse applicants, specific interview availability times and more.
We are shortlisting applications as they come in, so don’t delay apply today!
Full description and details – see below.