Vision Christian Media seeks an enthusiastic, creative, experienced Technician/ Electrician to join our Broadcast Operations Division.
You will bring all your technical expertise, skills and willingness to grow to assist with delivering new radio station locations and maintaining existing sites to ensure the smooth operation of the radio network.
- Location: Springwood, QLD.
- Work type: Full-time position.
- Profession: Radio Broadcasting, Engineering, Electrical, Technician.
You will join a team working with Australia’s largest national Christian media ministry. The successful applicant will need strong organisational alignment, integrity and passion for using their technical flare to reach people, see organisational growth and explore Australia. This is more than just a job; it is a ministry opportunity and part of a personal calling.
About Vision Christian Media
Vision Christian Media is a registered non-profit ministry organisation dedicated to bringing the Good News of the Gospel through media to every corner of Australia and beyond since 1988. People tune in, turn on and follow Vision for encouragement, uplifting music, and compelling messages through broadcast radio, printed and digital publications, and streamed podcasts and videos through our apps, websites and social media. We also operate a syndicated national news service, prayer helpline, and online store. All to help people look to God daily. https://vision.org.au/about-us
THIS ROLE is very different from your standard technical placement.
We can promise that your days will be spent meeting wonderful people, finding cost-effective, innovative solutions to technical matters, sharing your passions with your teammates, scaling new heights (literally), cockatoo and gecko-proofing transmitter equipment, finding the best bakeries across Australia as you travel to maintain and expand our terrestrial radio network and enjoy a close-knit team. This role will challenge you as it is so diverse, but if you are willing to learn new skills and gain new experiences, you will find more than just a job; for the right candidate, you will find an Organisation where you can truly make a difference and be part of something extraordinary.
Role skills and requirements
Our desired candidate will be able to satisfy most of the following:
- Electrical trade qualifications or tertiary qualifications in electronics.
- Knowledge of spectrum analysers, waveform monitors and related tools.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- High and lower power FM and AM transmitter and transmission systems experience.
- Practical experience and proficiency in electronic repairs to component level in RF transmission plant, audio and other related radio broadcast systems.
- Familiarity with and experience in satellite technology.
- Project management experience.
- Good communication skills and unquestionable attention to technical details.
- A drive for quality workmanship with a strong focus on safety and compliance whilst maintaining a solid teamwork ethos.
- Strong understanding and compliance with WH&S requirements and expectations.
- Technical and WH&S tickets, such as Working at Heights, Testing and Tagging and First Aid Certification.
- Ability to work full-time with flexibility and a love for travel.
- A positive and self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work both autonomously and within a collaborative team.
- Alignment with our core values and beliefs https://vision.org.au/core-beliefs.
How to apply
If this position sounds like you, and you would like to join our team in sunny Queensland and be part of sharing our vision across Australia, please email your written statement and CV by midnight Sunday, 3rd of September 2023 to: Vision Christian Media Job Vacancy
Applicants are required to:
- Submit a written cover letter (at most 2 x A4 pages) outlining your suitability for:
- the role.
- your alignment with our core values and beliefs.
- Provide a current CV outlining your qualifications, skills, work history and experiences relevant to this role.
- Only applicants who have the right and ability to work in Australia are eligible to apply.
- Obtaining a National Police Check will be part of this employment opportunity and will be obtained before any offer of employment is made.
- The position will be filled once the right candidate is identified; therefore, we encourage early application.