Bidjara Media & Broadcasting
POSITION VACANT – Senior Radio Broadcaster experienced with music and spot scheduling in Simian and Natural Music/Log
The Bidjara Media & Broadcasting Company (4RRFM) is currently seeking suitable applicants for the position of Senior Radio Broadcaster experienced with music and spot scheduling in Simian and Natural Music/Log. You will be accountable to the Radio Station Manager and duties will include the following:
- Assist Station Manager with staff development and training
- Generate requisitions for the procurement of goods and services for the Radio Station as requested
- Participate in Technical Working Group Meetings relating broadcast programs and procedure
- Assist in provision of reporting as required
- Record, edit and produce local news, weather, community notices and messages;
- Program making including appropriate research;
- Prepare and deliver content for social media and the web;
- Attending, assist with and Report on community events;
- Answer phones;
- Collate and prepare audio for station music;
- Assist with production duties as directed;
- Ensure compliance with all 4RRFM policies including the Code of Conduct and behaviour at all times that supports the 4RRFM values;
- Undertake all duties in a timely and efficient manner;
- Ensuring adherence to WH&S requirements at all times. Under the WHS act you have a “Duty of Care” to yourself and others in the workplace;
- Other duties that may be requested by the Radio Station manager from time to time.
Successful applicants will ideally have open availability, be problem solvers, passionate about community involvement, keen and motivated to embark on further training to advance their career in media, public speaking, and communications to help bring positive outcomes. Have a demonstrated work ethic along with numeracy, literacy and computer skills. Experience in a similar position or other form of journalism or sound production is highly desirable, as is previous exposure to broadcasting equipment and software used in the daily operation of professional broadcaster.
Bidjara Media & Broadcasting Company (4RRFM) is an EEO Employer. Indigenous and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply. If you have any questions or wish to apply, feel free to contact:
Luke Robinson (Acting Manager) at the Radio Station on (07)4654112 and/or email [email protected]
Applicants should include a cover letter, resume and proof of qualifications when applying for the posted position. Applications close the 24 September 2021.
4RRFM ensures that applicants receive fair, consistent and equitable treatment in all aspects of human resource management through discrimination free and equal employment opportunities