Read More

Rex Hunt insists he’s not finished working in radio after departing 3AW

The Herald Sun reports: “Rex Hunt has broken his silence after his controversial exit from 3AW, revealing he wanted to do a farewell show but was denied.Rex Hunt has promised he won’t be lost to the airwaves despite his resignation from 3AW last week.”

“Put it this way I was born to broadcast and don’t think I’m silly enough to walk away if I didn’t have something already in the system. And I will keep my powder dry in the short term,” Hunt, 72, said.

“My station boss Stephen Beers kindly suggested I take a couple of weeks off, but I knew it was time. Just as I did in 1978 when retiring from the VFL, or my decision to leave the police department. I decided I was out of my depth and the time was right.

“My style may have damaged the 3AW brand despite the fact I was rating in the mid-20s and regularly beating the Tobin Brothers (ABC). I did want to have one more night with Tom Elliott but there was fear about what I might say.”

Related Posts

Tim Blackwell Celebrates 20 Years With The Nova Network

Tim Blackwell Celebrates 20 Years With The Nova Network

Tim Blackwell, Nova Network announcer and music broadcast journalist, celebrates 20 years with NOVA Entertainment on Friday 17 September. Tim Blackwell said, “20 years with the same company on paper sounds a little dull, I get that! But during my time I’ve had so many different roles, worked in just about every state in Australia, headed overseas for interviews and had a ball the whole time… still waiting for that gold watch though?”

read more

0 Comments

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *