Vision Christian Media is looking for our next highly motivated, skilled, and focused Broadcast Operations Technician/Engineer to join our ministry team. This is a newly created role dedicated to communicating the Gospel of Jesus across Australia.
Vision Christian Media is a non-profit ministry organisation established in 1988 and is now reaching around 1 million people a month through radio, the Vision app, print and social media. Vision’s ministry services include Vision Christian Radio, Australia’s fastest-growing radio network, Vision National News, Vision Prayerline, a telephone prayer service, and Vision Shop Online. Vision Christian Media also produces The Word for Today daily devotional, V180 daily devotional for the youth market and Vision Israel Tours. For more information, please visit: https://vision.org.au/about-us
The successful applicant will also have a strong focus on sound biblical teaching and a Christian worldview and practice, for integrity and accountability. The position is:
· Full-time with travel requirements
· Based at our Brisbane office in Springwood
· For an immediate start.
The role is responsible for assisting in the maintenance, operation and expansion of our radio network under the direction of the Broadcast Operations Manager. In addition, a strong focus on WH&S and the ability to work efficiently by project management of repair and installation jobs.
Due to the nature of the organisation and our network, there will be a significant requirement to travel, along with a willingness to work outside of normal working hours. You will need to be proactive, great with people and committed to being part of a highly motivated team dedicated to the Organisational Mission.
Requirements for the role
The ideal applicant will have/be:
· An electronics engineering qualification and/or 4 years in practical radio frequency experience and analogue electronics servicing/ repairs to component level, with a sound knowledge of spectrum analysers, waveform monitors and related tools
· Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
· Ability to solve complex and multiple problems on the fly
· High and lower power FM & AM transmitter and transmission systems experience
· Practical experience and proficiency in electronic repairs to component level in RF transmission plant, audio and other related radio broadcast systems
· Familiarity with and experienced in satellite technology
· Project management skills in resource allocation, priorities issues and working independently
· Good communication skills and unquestionable attention to technical details.
· A drive for quality workmanship with a strong focus on safety and compliance whilst maintaining a solid teamwork ethos
· Willingness to align with our organisation’s mission, values, and core beliefs.
How to apply
This full-time position is based at our offices in Springwood, Queensland.
If this role sounds like you and would like to share our Vision, please email your resume and cover letter by midnight Sunday 27th of November 2022 to [email protected]
Your cover letter should be no more than two pages:
· Tell us why you are interested in this position
· Demonstrate you have the skills, experience and heart to be successful in the role
· Only applicants who have the right and ability to work in Australia are eligible to apply.
· Obtaining a National Police Check will be part of this employment opportunity and will be obtained before any offer of employment is made.
· The position will be filled once the right candidate is identified as such we encourage early application.