Vision Christian Media is seeking a talented and gifted female on-air personality to join our ministry team as a radio Presenter/Producer. The position is an exciting opportunity to be part of our national broadcast network.
- Full-time position.
- South Brisbane location.
- Immediate start.
This is a team member role, working with Australia’s most successful national Christian media ministry. Your mission is to serve as part of a national radio broadcast team whose primary purpose is to provide uplifting Christian music, and gospel-centric infotainment, with audience engagement in a light, fun-filled format.
The successful applicant will also have a strong focus on sound biblical teaching and a clear Christian worldview and practice, for integrity and accountability.
This is more than just a job; it is a ministry opportunity and part of a personal calling and gifting as an effective communicator and radio announcer.
About Vision Christian Media
Vision Christian Media is a non-profit ministry organization, dedicated to bringing the Good News of the Gospel through media to Australia since 1988. While Vision began in radio and print publications, and will continue to do so, today we have also incorporated digital, mobile, and video platforms to adjust to changing market needs, to assist in fulfilling our mission as best we can, with God’s guidance.
Across Australia and beyond people tune in and turn to us for encouragement, uplifting music and compelling messages through broadcast radio, printed and digital publications, podcasts, apps, and websites. We also operate a telephone prayer service and online store to help people find and look to God daily. https://vision.org.au/about-us
It’s true, we are seeking a female co-host for one of our regular time slots to complete our dynamic duo.
The role is responsible for hosting audio and video programs (live or recorded) on a daily basis with early morning starts that are true to mission, highly engaging and of excellent quality; undertake associated planning and administration; produce audio, video and written content when needed; and collaborate closely with other content teams to ensure integration across all platforms as well as the development of new programming and approaches.
Requirements for the role
The ideal applicant will have:
- Industry certification or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated background in radio announcing
- Excellent diction, and pronunciation
- Good copywriting and editing abilities
- Ability to operate live studio systems
- Experience with audio production and radio announcing
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated maturity in Christian faith and understanding
- Experience in Christian Media or other Ministry
- Have a driver’s license and transport and be able to travel if required
- Work full-time with flexibility for early or late shifts, including rostered weekend work
- Position is based in our national head office/studios in Springwood, Queensland
- Willingness to align with our organisation’s mission, values, and core beliefs
How to apply
If this role sounds like you and you would like to join our ministry, please email your resume, cover letter and audio examples of your work by midnight 2nd of April 2023 to [email protected].
Your cover letter should be no more than two pages:
- Tell us why you are interested in this position,
- Demonstrate that you have the skills, experience, and heart to be successful in the role.
- Only applicants with the permanent right and ability to work in Australia are eligible to apply.
- Obtaining a National Police Check will be part of this employment opportunity and will be obtained before any offer of employment is made.
- The position will be filled once the right candidate is identified as such, we encourage early application.