Full Time | Brisbane, QLD
Combine your love of faith and media!
Reporting to the Content Director, this full time role involves preparing and providing content, initiatives and campaigns to engage with our on-air and digital community. You’ll be furthering our ministry and touching people’s lives with experiences of God’s love through giveaways, promotions, marketing and events. What could be more rewarding?
We are looking for a friendly person, who is a good communicator, compassionate and able to connect with a wide range of people. You will have initiative to proactively identify and source opportunities and the skill to engage and negotiate with suppliers and sponsors. The role also involves the planning and execution of public, audience-engaging events and activities.
Family Radio Ltd (96five) is Brisbane’s leading Christian media organisation, communicating messages of hope and inspiration to transform life, faith and culture. Working within a group of multi-platform media organisations, 96five’s purpose is to impact people with experiences of God’s love. If you have a genuine passion for the mission and purpose of 96five and actively display the organisation’s values, then this is an ideal opportunity to utilise your events or promotional skills to transform the lives, faith and culture of our community.
The role involves:
- Oversee initiatives and activities of the Promotions department
- Sourcing and scheduling products and services for prizes, giveaways and on-air promotions
- Coordinating on-air missionally focused listener engagement campaigns such as our SOS program
- Confidently and enthusiastically represents the station to external, third-party stakeholders
- Proactively explore and initiate strategic alliances and activation opportunities with like-minded organisations
- Regularly liaise with members of the Content Team, Sponsorship Sales, Relationship Management and Production
- Involved in the budgeting/reporting processes with the Content Director
- Oversee casuals and volunteers in Promotions department
- Packing and organising of prizes and equipment on-site and at events
The successful applicant will have:
- A genuine passion for the purpose and potential of the organisation
- Promotions or sales/customer service experience
- High level of organisational and prioritisation skills, particularly under pressure
- Ability to bring creative ideas to the table
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and pastoral care skills
- Accurate, efficient data entry
- Comfortable with cold-calling
- Manual handling ability
- Driver’s licence and ability to tow a trailer
- Current Police Clearance & Blue Card (as required)
- Knowledge of principles guiding Community Broadcasting including Codes of Practice and Broadcasting Act.
- Post-secondary studies in creative industries and/or events and marketing
- Media and/or radio experience
Ready to Apply?
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, send your CV including a cover letter addressing why you would like to work for 96five and how you meet each of the criteria, to [email protected]
Closing Date: ASAP