Vision Christian Media is looking for a talented and gifted journalist to join our ministry news team as News Reader/Writer. The position is a newly created role dedicated to producing our national Christian worldview news service.
- Full-time position
- Brisbane location
- Immediate start
- Applications close at midnight Friday, 7th October 2022.
This is a team member role, working with Australia’s most successful national Christian media ministry. Your mission is to serve in collaboration and be part of a national news team whose primary purpose is to provide a Christian worldview news service and content to internal and external stakeholders.
The successful applicant will also have a strong focus on sound biblical teaching and a clear Christian worldview and practice, for integrity and accountability.
This is more than just a job; it is a ministry opportunity and part of a personal calling and gifting in journalism and media news services.
About Vision Christian Media
Vision Christian Media is a non-profit ministry organization, dedicated to bringing the Good News of the Gospel throughout media to Australia since 1988. While Vision began in community radio and printed publications, and will continue to do so, today we have also incorporated digital, mobile, and video platforms to adjust to changing market needs, to assist in fulfilling our mission as best we can, with God’s guidance.
Across Australia and beyond people tune in and turn to us for encouragement, uplifting music and compelling messages through broadcast radio, printed and digital publications, podcasts, apps, and websites. We also operate a telephone prayer service and online store to help people find and look to God daily. https://vision.org.au/about-us
This role is responsible for the formation and delivery of Vision Christian Media’s News
Service in a professional and effective manner, in keeping with our guidelines, to internal and external stakeholders under the direction of the News Editor. Firstly, this means working closely with your News Team members on a daily basis for the preparation and presentation of news content, website articles and broadcasts, team support, preparation and presentation of other content and regular review and coaching to ensure compliance and standardisation of services offered. It also means playing a role in future development/expansion of news and other services offered to all stakeholders and ensuring cross-ministry communication.
The ideal applicant will have:
- Degree in Journalism or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience in radio news preparation and presentation.
- Strong writing and editing abilities.
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated maturity in Christian faith and understanding.
- Competent with Microsoft Office Suite and NewsBoss.
- Experience with audio production.
- To-camera presenting experience.
- Experience in Christian Media or other Ministry.
- Have car license and car and able to travel if required.
- Work full-time with flexibility for a variety of early and late shifts, including rostered weekend work.
- Willingness to align with our organisation’s mission, values, and core beliefs.
How to apply
If this role sounds like you and would like to join our ministry, please email your resume, cover letter and audio examples of your work by midnight Friday, 7th October 2022 to [email protected]
Your cover letter should be no more than two pages:
- Tell us why you are interested in this position
- Demonstrate you have the skills, experience, and heart to be successful in the role
- Applications without audio will not be considered.
- Only applicants who have the right and ability to work in Australia are eligible to apply.
- Obtaining a National Police Check will be part of this employment opportunity and will be obtained before any offer of employment is made.
- The position will be filled once the right candidate is identified; early applications are encouraged.