Full time, based in Maroochydore on the Sunshine Coast
ARN Regional are looking for an experienced journalist to join our on-air team. Based on the Sunshine Coast, you will deliver news bulletins for much-loved Queensland towns including Mackay, Rockhampton, Gladstone and Bundaberg. Working the coveted breakfast shift, you will be responsible for sourcing, researching, creating and presenting relevant news stories for our markets, on-air and online. The person we are looking for will have an active interest in local affairs and be able to develop a network of contacts. The ideal candidate is a graded journalist with a positive attitude. The role will involve shift work.
$53,000 – $71,000 based on experience
What’s in it for you?
- We are flexible with shift swaps and working remotely. Staff often ‘newsroom-hop’ during the year between Darwin, Townsville, the Sunshine Coast and more.
- We offer news coaching, developmental pathways and plenty of career growth in both regional and metro markets.
- We offer birthday leave and volunteer leave, and we prioritise the health and well-being of staff.
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Source, research and prepare news stories
- Interview, record, edit grabs for broadcast
- Write and present half hourly local bulletins, headlines and reports to air
- Confidence in delivering pre-recorded bulletins
- Convert radio scripts into online stories to share on our websites and social media
- Develop and maintain close working relationships within the radio network and community
- The ability to make sound editorial decisions on the best angle from which to approach a story
To be considered for this position, you will need the following skills and experience:
- You must have tertiary qualifications in journalism or communications
- A minimum of one year of experience in broadcast media
- Excellent presentation, communication and written skills
- Be able to adapt writing and presentation style in line with market needs
- The ability to work to precise deadlines
- Have a deep understanding of media law guidelines and industry codes of conduct
Please send your resume, a cover letter and MP3 demo to the Qld/ NT News Director Hayley Turner
[email protected] by 14th June 2022.
*Please note applications without an air check will not be considered.