2TM and 929 in Tamworth have an exciting opportunity for an experienced radio journalist.
The position is a full-time role, with the main hours being 5am – 1.30pm weekdays.
We are looking for someone with a positive, collaborative attitude who will be happy to embrace the Tamworth lifestyle.
Other requirements for this role include:-
- A positive attitude and be a team player
- Appropriate journalistic experience, skills and knowledge
- A confident and diverse reading style.
- A community focus, ensuring news content is developed in a way which builds local engagement
- Working with the Content Director when required to develop news strategies to engage our target audience for both stations
- A sound understanding of media law and ethics
- A current drivers licence
- Knowledge of social media and blog creation platforms
This role also includes the occasional co-hosting role with our announcers on both stations.
The ability to work independently is a must as this is a one-person newsroom, however 2TM and 92.9 prides itself on being a collaborative team where we will all step up and help out in other areas of the station when required.
Tamworth is an exciting city in one of the fastest growing areas on Australia. It boasts an exciting music community of many genres (not just country music), a funky coffee and food culture and a beautiful, relaxing country vibe
If being part of a great team and a station that prid If being part of a great team and a station that prides itself on quality news, sounds like you, send your application and demo to our General Manager [email protected]