Vision Christian Media is looking for an experienced and talented Head of Radio Content to join our Ministry Team. This is a strategically important and pivotal role dedicated to providing our broadcast radio services and the Gospel message.
Vision Christian Media is a non-profit ministry organisation established in 1988 and is now reaching around 1 million people a month through radio, the Vision app, print and social media.
Vision Christian Media’s ministry services include Vision Christian Radio, Australia’s fastest-growing radio network; Vision National News, providing insightful Christian worldview news and information; Vision Prayerline, a front-line telephone prayer service, and Vision Shop Online, with print, audio and visual content.
Vision Christian Media also produces The Word for Today Australia’s most-read daily devotional, V180 radio and print services for the youth market, and Vision Israel Tours. For more information, please visit: https://vision.org.au/about-us
This is more than just a job; it is a ministry opportunity and part of a personal calling and gifting in broadcast services and the evolving media industry in Australia.
The successful applicant will also have a strong focus on sound biblical teaching and a Christian worldview and practice, for integrity and accountability.
The position is:
- Based at our Brisbane office in Springwood.
- For an immediate start.
The role is responsible to plan and execute the broadcast radio strategy ensuring alignment to mission and engagement of audiences, whilst also creating leverage opportunities for spin-off content that actively supports online content, promotional and fundraising strategies.
This includes program scheduling (including music selection); rostering and direction of talent; new content development; audio production and; fostering spin-off and integration opportunities.
Requirements for the role
The ideal applicant will have/be:
- Demonstrated experience in radio programming, presenting and production.
- Strong communication, organisational and time management skills focused in planning, implementation and collaboration.
- Demonstrated experience managing a medium size team of staff and contractors
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices relevant to the role.
- Experience in digital media and competent with G-Selector, Zetta, AXIA, Adobe Audition, Natural Log, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Proven experience in relationship management, building loyalty, and support.
- Good time management awareness and ability to multitask under pressure.
- Strong self-awareness and highly motivated in the pursuit of excellence.
- Mature, balanced theology and wise, discerning judgment.
- Work full-time with flexibility for occasional weekend events.
- Willingness to align with our organisation’s mission, values, and core beliefs.
How to apply
This full-time position is based at our offices in Springwood, Queensland.
If this role sounds like you and would like to share our Vision, please email your resume and cover letter by midnight Sunday 8 January 2023 to [email protected]
Your cover letter should be no more than two pages:
- Tell us why you are interested in this position
- Demonstrate that you have the skills, experience and heart to be successful in the role.
- Only applicants with the right and ability to work in Australia are eligible to apply.
- Obtaining a National Police Check will be part of this employment opportunity and will be obtained before any offer of employment is made.
- The position will be filled once the right candidate is identified as such, we encourage early application.