University of Newcastle, Newcastle
A rare opportunity exists to join the 2NUR FM on-air team based in Newcastle. We are looking for the next great announcer/producer and volunteer liaison person to join our small professional team running Newcastle’s and the Hunter Valley’s leading Community Radio Station.
It is a rewarding job working with a passionate team dedicated to informing and entertaining the Newcastle and Hunter Community.
If you are passionate, dedicated and reliable, wanting a position in radio that is very rewarding and has a lot of variety, then we want to hear from you.
What’s in it for you?
- A permanent position working with an amazing, talented team.
- A highly supportive culture determined to build and develop your existing and future skills.
- Living in the beautiful Newcastle region
- A passionate and caring audience
The responsibilities for this position include and are not limited to:
- On-Air Announcer, ability to cover all shifts as required, weekend included.
- Liaising with volunteers regarding their programs and station activity. Providing training and weekly checks that all pre-recorded programs are in the system. Solving any potential issues and providing solutions on a case-by-case situation.
- Collating and submitting APRA reports.
- Sourcing interviews and updating Website to support the Morning Program
- Assisting the Content Director as required.
What do you need?
- At least 5 years’ Solo Announcing experience
- Thorough working knowledge of studio equipment and ability to self-panel
- The ability to connect with a 40+ audience in Newcastle and The Hunter
- Outside Broadcasting experience.
- Passion for creating outstanding content and live and local radio
- Experience in Wide Orbit and Music Master playout and scheduling systems desirable, but not a deal breaker
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
- A thorough understanding of media law and industry codes
- Experience in social media and content marketing
- To be fun, trustworthy, real, and looking for a long-term role
If this sounds like you then send us your cover letter, résumé and mp3 Program Aircheck.
This position has an immediate start, but we will wait for just the right person.
Send your application to:
Todd Sergeant – Breakfast Announcer/Content Director [email protected]
Closing Date: Wed 12 April 2023
The University is committed to providing a more diverse and inclusive higher education environment and increasing the number of women in under-represented areas, including the field of radio presenter. The University currently holds an exemption under Section 126 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW) in relation to its targeted recruiting programs. This role is designated specifically as a female position under section 31 of the Act. Gender is a genuine occupational qualification and is authorised by section 14(d).