The 2022 program year for ABC Radio Melbourne sees fresh voices and long-time favourites return to the airwaves, with an all-new star lineup announced for Weekends.
From 6am Saturdays, Melbourne will wake up with broadcaster, cook and writer Alice Zaslavsky.
“I’m so looking forward to easing Melburnians into their weekend like a first cuppa propped up in bed,” Alice Zaslavsky said. “There’ll be inspiring guests, budget-friendly ideas for getting out and about, and an open invitation to be part of the conversation always.”
Journalist and TV personality Matt Preston will then bring listeners a great mix of music, art, food, and sport from 8:30am til 12noon. Matt will be joined by a roll call of experts to talk all things Melbourne – from ABC Sport reporter Catherine Murphy to health and science commentator Dr Vyom Sharma.
“I’ve been flirting with radio for the past three years and I freaking love it. The direct connection with the person you’re talking to at home makes it the original and ultimate social media,” Matt Preston said.
“There is nothing more exciting than helping build the dream team for the perfect weekend radio program. Working alongside good friends like Alice Zaslavsky, Lisa Leong and Catherine Murphy is something I am so excited about, but also being able to talk regularly to experts in their field such as Dr Vyom Sharma, Jo Toscano and Steph Kaparos will be as much fun for me as it will be for you listening,” Preston said.
“Expect lots of music, lots of nature and hopefully me stumbling my way to something approaching radio professionalism.”
The station is also thrilled to welcome Lisa Leong as the new voice of Sundays, bringing the stories of the week with her trademark curiosity and creativity.
Lisa said she is looking forward to creating a sense of belonging on the program. “It’s a place where you can settle in, trackies on and connect with each other through ideas, stories and song.” Lisa will also continue to present This Working Life on RN next year.
ABC Radio Melbourne Manager Dina Rosendorff said the station would offer even more for listeners in 2022. “We’ll be bringing depth, distinctiveness and a healthy dose of humour to listening across the weekend, connecting audiences with the best of Melbourne.”
The full 2022 ABC Radio Melbourne schedule will start Monday 10 January 2022. ABC Grandstand will continue to cover the cricket and all the major football codes over summer.
- Breakfast with Sammy J (5.30am- 8am)
- AM with Sabra Lane (8.00am-8.30am)
- Mornings with Virginia Trioli (8.30am-11.00am)
- The Conversation Hour with Richelle Hunt (11.00am-12noon)
- The World Today with Eleanor Hall (12noon-12.30pm)
- Afternoons with Jacinta Parsons (12.30pm-3.30pm), Monday to Thursday
- The Friday Revue with Jacinta Parsons and Brian Nankervis, (12.30pm-3.30pm), Friday.
- Drive with Raf Epstein (3.30pm-6.30pm)
- PM with Linda Mottram (6.30pm-7.00pm)
- Evenings with David Astle (Monday-Thursday 7.00pm-10.00pm)
- Nightlife with Philip Clark and Indira Naidoo (10.00pm-2.00am)
- Overnights with Trevor Chappell and Rod Quinn (2.00am-5.30am)
- Weekends with Alice, Matt, and Lisa (Saturday 6.00am-12noon, Sunday 10.00am-12noon)
- Summer and Winter Grandstand
- Australia All Over with Ian ‘Macca’ McNamara (Sundays 6.00am – 10.00am)