Each year features 100 facts regarding music, movies, sport, news, culture etc. See sample page below.
1. GENERAL PETER COSGROVE was the Australian of The Year.
2. JULIA ROBERTS won the Academy Award for Best Actress in Erin Brokovich (2000).
3. STUART MacGILL took 7 wickets for 92 for Australia in the 5th Test against the West Indies at the SCG.
4. BECCY COLE won the Female Vocalist of the Year at the Australian Country Music Awards.
5. SPEEDO closed down their one remaining Australian factory. The famous Aussie togs made their debut in 1928.
6. MAMMA MIA! musical opened in Australia at the Princess Theatre in Melbourne.
7. TEST CRICKET’s longest winning run came to an end when India defeated Australia. (Australia had achieved a record run of 16 successive wins).
8. GEOFF GALLOP, WA Labor leader, became the state’s new Premier, when he defeated RICHARD COURT.
9. ATOMIC KITTEN’s hit single Whole Again was the most played song on Australian radio.
10. QUEENSLAND BULLS won their 4th domestic cricket championship (Pura Cup).
11. POWDERFINGER won the APRA ‘Song of the Year’ for My Happiness.
12. Tennis stars STEFFI GRAF, aged 32, and ANDRE AGASSI, aged 31, were married.
13. TIGER WOODS won the 65th US Masters tournament and became the first man to hold the game’s four major championship titles at once.
14. NATASHA STOTT DESPOJA won the membership ballot to become the Democrat’s new leader.
15. JANE FONDA filed for divorce from TED TURNER. (They had beeb married since 1991.)
16. SHIRLEY STRICKLAND (now Shirley de la Hunty) sold her collection of seven Olympic medals, three of them gold, to a single Australian bidder for $400,000.
17. ARCHBISHOP PETER HOLLINGWORTH became Australia’s 23rd Governor-General.
18. RONNIE BIGGS (‘Great Train Robbery’) returned to England and was placed behind bars for the first time in 35 years. Rendered speechless after 3 strokes and barely able to walk, he was strip searched upon arrival.
19. JENNIFER LOPEZ became the first female artist to have a No 1 US album (J.Lo) and No 1 US film (The Wedding Planner) in the same week.
20. GRAHAM KENNEDY was taken to hospital after breaking a leg and suffering concussion in a fall at his home in NSW.
To pay by EFT:
BSB: 084 391 Account No: 51987 7036
Email Newmedia to include your order details and also your address if you purchased a print edition copy of the product. We will then confirm your order by email.
To pay by PayPal or Credit Card:
Click on link below.