Shane Jacobson, one of Australia’s most loved actors, presenters and entertainers, best known for his role as Kenny in the highly successful film of the same name, will host the 26th annual Australian Commercial Radio Awards (ACRAs).
Jacobson who most recently starred in The Time of Our Lives, The Bourne Legacy with Jeremy Renner, Mother and Son, Top Gear Live with Jeremy Clarkson and James May, and Jack Irish with Guy Pearce, is no stranger to radio, having once enjoyed a regular radio segment back in 1999 on Melbourne’s Gold FM.
Jacobson will host the radio industry’s gala awards on Saturday 18 October at Melbourne’s Convention and Exhibition Centre with some of Australia’s most popular radio hosts joining him on stage as presenters.
“I have great affection for the live and spontaneous nature of radio and look forward to catching up with some old friends at the ACRAs,” said Jacobson.
The ACRAs recognise excellence in radio broadcasting across news, talk, sport, music and entertainment. Jacobson will anchor the show and popular radio announcers presenting include:
· Hamish & Andy (Hamish Blake & Andy Lee) – Today Network
· Fitzy and Wippa (Ryan Fitzgerald and Michael Wipfli) – Nova FM
· Fifi Box & Dan Anstey – Fox FM
· Ben Fordham – 2GB
· Melissa Doyle & Cameron Daddo – Smooth FM
· Jonesy and Amanda (Amanda Keller and Brendan Jones) – WSFM
· Tim Blackwell and Marty Sheargold – Nova FM
· Dan and Maz (Dan Debuf and Maz Compton) – Today Network
· Lewis & Lowe (Dylan Lewis and Shane Lowe) – Nova Adelaide
· Chrissie Swan & Jane Hall – Mix FM Melbourne
Chief executive officer of Commercial Radio Australia, Joan Warner said: “We’re very excited to have Shane Jacobson on board as host for what is set to be a great night. The radio industry is eagerly anticipating the ACRAs to celebrate the immense talent in radio across the country.”
The entertainment line up for the ACRAs will be announced soon.
The previously announced list of finalists is available on the new ACRAs website: www.acras.com.au
For all the latest news, get social with CRA on:
Twitter: @ComRadioAU #ACRAs2014
Instagram: instagram.com/comradioau #ACRAs2014