TOWNSVILLE - SALARIED
Southern Cross Austereo is all about delivering absolutely engaging entertainment solutions across an unrivaled portfolio of multimedia brands with the biggest shows, best talent and most exciting events across Australia. We engage staff who are the best in the business and want to work for a supportive, exciting and dynamic company with a culture of high performance. We look far and wide to employ a diverse workforce – we all bring something a little bit different – and in return we give you everything you need to bring your best self to work.
SCA WANTS YOU as our next Radio Journalist. You will be responsible for identifying, creating and delivering compelling news to a targeted audience, while having a high level of experience and competence. Our successful candidate will be genuinely excited about providing our listeners with the most relevant, up to date news On Air and Online.
SCA expects nothing but the best. As the newest member of the SCA CREW, you:
- Have at least 6 months full time commercial radio news experience
- Will have a confident, conversational reading style which suits our brands
- Can produce accurate, punchy and creative bulletins targeted to a specific demo
- Love to work in both a solo and team environment
- Have excellent knowledge of news and sport
- Can work comfortably with news operations and systems
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Understand social media and how it relates to news-gathering and story creation
Most of all, SCA is a values driven organisation- If you genuinely live and breathe our values, you’ll be a perfect fit for SCA. We collaborate, take initiative, maximise bcreativity, have courage and act with integrity.
Still not convinced?
The benefits of working for us are countless – to name a few we provide flexible working arrangements, a focus on work-life balance, plenty of opportunity for internal progression, health insurance discounts, workplace banking programs, concert tickets, footy tickets, special client discounts throughout the year, rooftop gigs, social gatherings – the list goes on!
Keen? Apply now by submitting your resume, cover letter and audio of your local Radio News bulletin.