Work type: Ongoing Full Time
Categories: Journalism/Editorial, Presenter/On-Air
About the ABC
- Be a part of Australia's independent national broadcaster
- $65K - $72K p.a. + choice of 15.4% super
- Location: Dubbo, NSW
The ABC is the nation's most trusted and independent source of Australian conversations, culture, and stories. With over 4,000 employees from diverse backgrounds based in more than 50 locations around Australia and overseas, the ABC is proud to create, curate and deliver high-quality content that informs, educates and entertains.
About ABC Regional & Local
The ABC Regional & Local team is about Australian communities and conversations. We make distinctive stories and events that connect communities and shape lives. We are about real people, real places and real life. We have eight capital city radio stations and a network of 44 regional bureaux across Australia. Our Sport and Live Events team focuses on regional and local content for all our platforms, including TV, Radio and online.
About the Role
ABC Regional & Local is seeking a Presenter to present programs for ABC Western Plains, which involves the creation of content across multiple platforms that aligns with ABC strategy and supports the achievement of Regional & Localís objectives.
Reporting to the Chief of Staff in Dubbo, this role will see you:
- Prepare and create distinctive and compelling content for multiple platforms to engage local and national audiences.
- Contribute to planning and commissioning processes to develop and distribute new content ideas to achieve strong reach and engagement with audiences.
- Contribute to the implementation of the Local Emergency Coverage plan and communicate with relevant stakeholders as required.
- Represent the ABC at events and functions in the broadcast area
With strong program making and presentation skills and a proven ability to develop and make original and engaging audio and cross-platform content for the target audience, you will bring to this key role:
- Sound editorial skills including the ability to source and analyse information and exercise sound judgement.
- Demonstrated understanding and passion to source and create authentic content which represents the broad diversity of the Australian community.
- Ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with people from a range of diverse backgrounds.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or demonstrated equivalent skills and experience.
How to Apply
Please complete the online application form and submit as part of your application a Cover Letter and Resume.
We would love to see your work. Please submit material with your application online (include examples, links to websites or attach audio/video files up to 5MB).
For an overview of the role, please refer to the position description:
For further information please contact Nick Lowther, Chief of Staff on 02 6881 1840
Please note: For casuals to be eligible to apply a minimum of one shift must be worked during the advertising period
The ABC strives for equity and diversity in the workplace, and to promote a culture of opportunity. Through its services the ABC seeks to represent, connect and engage with all of the Australian community. In line with our focus on diversity, applications are strongly encouraged from Indigenous Australians, people from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disabilities. The ABC also aims to achieve a gender-balanced workforce.Applications close: 19 May 2019 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time